Whether you are coming from Asia, Europe, Africa, North and South America, Dubai is a popular gateway for global travelers and a busy stopover point. If you find yourself and family members in Dubai on your long journey, here are the top 8 things to help you make the most out of your stopover.
1) Go for Bus Sightseeing Tour: An excellent way to start your day is by going bus sightseeing tour with the Hop-on Hop-Off Big Bus Dubai Tour which drives down the Dubai main highway. Usually, the bus has an onboard guide that provides entertainment and tells you a detailed history of each point of interest on your route; you also have lots of time to disembark from the bus, take pictures and continue your journey. Usually, there are 40 points of interests on your tour, and some popular highlights include Spice Souk, Dubai Marina, Burj Khalifa.
2) Visit Dubai Ski resort: This destination is perfect for people who want to have an amazing view of the Middle East largest indoor ski resort known as Ski Dubai. Even if you aren’t interested in skiing down one of the five ski slopes, you can chill while you watch actions from the all-glass viewing platform within the mall. While there, why not join the penguin encounter.
3) Visit the Lost Chambers Aquarium: Known as the mythical cities new underwater home, the Lost Chambers Aquarium is home to a variety of marine life ranging from jellyfish, stingrays, sharks and other animals. You can enjoy this location by spotting as many maritime creatures or taking a myth tour to experience the inside story and get more information on the lost city and the aquarium fishes.
The Lost Chambers Aquarium is located at Atlantis, The Palm. Not only will you find the Lost Chambers Aquarium, but Atlantis also has so much more to offer like Aquaventure Waterpark, Dolphin Bay, Sealion Point and a range of diving experiences.
4) Go for a Dubai Palm Cruise Tour: Enjoy the wondrous and human-made archipelago while you enjoy the views of Dubai Marina and the Palm. You will be assigned a tour guide who provides information about the project history, current projects, future landscape plans, among others. You can also cruise along the multiple fronds to get an up-close glimpse of the homes and hotels in the area.
5) Experience the dizzying heights of Burj Khalifa: This is one of the fun things to do with your family on your next Dubai stopover. You can travel up more than 140 floors of the world’s largest building to have an experience of the amazing heights of the Burj Khalifa. You will also get to learn about the magnificent building and historic construction before entering a tour elevator where you will view video installation that makes you feel as if you are soaring over the desert terrain. Once you get to the last floor, you can step out to enjoy the view of the jaw-dropping and panoramic view of Dubai, where you will appreciate the daring architecture of the city of Dubai. It is also a perfect place to take a final trip photo with your kids.
6) Visit the Dubai Mall: Known as the largest and most innovative mall in the world, the Dubai Mall is a perfect destination for sightseeing of different shops, multiple movie theatres, playgrounds, KidZania, indoor ice skating rink, and dining options. One of the exciting features which you will find in the mall is the famous dancing Dubai Fountain, which is the world’s biggest choreographed fountain system.
7) Stroll the Souks: If you want to know why Dubai is referred to as the city of Gold, then you must make your way to Gold Souk in Deira, which is the older part of Dubai. You can enjoy some time in exploring shop after shop that sells various types of gold, dried fruits, and spices. Although the souks remain opens till 10.00pm, most of the shops get shut down between 1: 00 pm and 4:00 pm
8) Dine in Style: You can also enjoy a stopover by dinning in style with members of your family. Dubai is home to some of the world best cuisines and chefs. You can choose to dine on a traditional boat along the Dubai Deira Creek or eat underwater at the award-winning seafood spot Ossiano at Atlantis the Palm Dubai. Some of the main cuisines to taste include the Korean Spiced lamb chops, king crab and prawn sliders. If you want more authentic Emirati cuisine, then you should try and dine outdoor along the marina to enjoy sample specialties like Nashef Nagar which is a spiced cuttlefish dish.
Finally, Dubai is a fantastic destination to have a stopover when on a long journey with your family. Listed above are things to do in Dubai during a stopover for everyone who wants to have a memorable experience.